Sports and Exercise Physiotherapists have expertise in the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of many common (and uncommon) sports medicine conditions, including:
- Muscle strains including hamstring and calf strains
- Tendinopathies including Achilles tendinopathy, gluteal tendinopathy, rotator cuff tendinopathy, “tennis elbow” and “golfers’ elbow”
- Joint injuries, such as shoulder joint injuries, knee, hip and ankle pain
- Spinal conditions, including low back pain, stress fractures, disc and facet joint injuries
- Education and strategies for management of chronic pain conditions
Sports and Exercise Physiotherapists are best equipped to assist athletes achieve optimal performance through planning and periodisation across the sporting season.